Add Your Heading Text Here
5 Diamond Heating and Cooling offers indoor air quality products to filter, renew and refresh your indoor air. See the layout to the right to learn about a ventilator, whole house humidifier, air cleaner and UV light.
Improve Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) with fresh air from outside without wasting the cooling or heating contained in the air inside.
As your trusted San Diego HVAC contractor, we can answer any questions you have about indoor comfort control.
Call us today at (619) 627-6034 for more information.
1. Ventilator: A ventilator replaces a portion of stale indoor air with fresh outdoor air, reducing energy loss in the process. Air exchangers will let users manually or automatically adjust the fresh air flow. The units retain energy used to heat or cool the home, saving the homeowner money on utility bills.
The ultimate way to improve indoor air quality is to introduce fresh air from outside. But how can you use fresh air from outdoors without changing your indoor air temperature? The answer is a ventilator.
- It saves energy by passing the indoor airstream through a heat exchanger.
- The ERV model removes humidity from incoming airstream for summertime use.
- It works with your central air ductwork, making it a smart option when installing a new or upgrading an existing central home comfort system.
When you want a fresh perspective on indoor air quality, consider a York® heat or energy recovery ventilator.
2.UV Light: A UV light is designed to prevent mold spore growth on conditioning coils. This technology, used for decades in water treatment, helps reduce allergic reactions to mold while enhancing overall air quality.
- Continuously cleans the coil and drain pan, making your system run more efficiently.
- Extremely low maintenance – germicidal lamp needs to be changed every 9,000 hours (approximately every 12 months).
- Count on efficient, reliable performance backed by a 5-year limited parts warranty.
Energy Savings: Your system uses less energy, because the UVC light continuously cleans the coil to prevent buildup from limiting cooling efficiency.
3.Whole house humidifier: A whole house humidifier replenishes the much-needed moisture in the air inside the home. This is important because warm, dry air absorbs moisture from everything around it, and breathing this air can be difficult.
With a whole house humidifier, you can maintain indoor humidity levels at 25-45% to protect your health and your home furnishings. It’s the best way to minimize respiratory issues, static electricity, cracked furniture and wood work because it:
- Introduces a regulated amount of water vapor into the airstream of your home’s heating system.
- Delivers moist air into every heated room to keep your home perfectly comfortable in the driest winter months.
- Ensures clean water enters the airstream either by a fan or by evaporation.
Maintain optimal indoor humidity levels with a York® Affinity™ Series Humidifier.
Real Energy Savings: Added moisture keeps you feeling warm with a lower thermostat. Just three degrees off the thermostat yields about five percent off your bill.
4.Air cleaner: An air cleaner offers an effective way to remove up to 94 percent of the particles – dust, pollens, pet dander, plant spores, fungi, bacteria, tobacco smoke, etc. – from the air that passes through the home.
With an advanced air cleaner, your family will feel their best when allergy season is at its worst because:
- It operates as part of your existing heating and cooling system for whole house air filtration.
- It keeps your house cleaner, because less dust is in circulation.
- It keeps your family healthier, because microbes and pollen are filtered from the air stream.
- Unlike portable room air cleaners, it operates quietly out of sight.
Feel healthier and keep your home cleaner with a York® Affinity™ Whole House Air Cleaner.
Efficient Around the Clock: Efficient 24 x 7 operation means your indoor air is being cleaned so your family will feel their best when allergy season is at its worst.
Is indoor air quality really important, or just another way to spend money?
Actually, beneath the marketing noise, there are solid reasons for considering indoor air quality products for your San Diego home. The newer your house, the more tightly it is sealed. Why? To conserve energy. Energy Star® even publishes information about proper sealing of residential homes to help save our natural resources. With modern homes built to be energy efficient, they can also be a breeding ground for mold spores, pollutants, viruses and more.
When you spray a powerful disinfectant in the bathroom, do you think those chemicals just go away? When a child is sick with the flu, does the virus stay confined to their bedroom? The answer is no. Chemicals, pollutants, pet dander, viruses – all of these can be circulated round and round through the entire home when you do not have any indoor air quality (IAQ) components installed.
The important thing to understand is this: one IAQ product alone cannot do everything. They are not mutually exclusive.
A UV lamp doesn’t clean your air – it isn’t designed to. It is designed to kill mold that can grow in the damp interior of an evaporator coil. If that mold isn’t killed, the efficiency of your HVAC system drops, and mold spores can get into your home air. That is all a UV lamp does. If you want it to filter your air, you will be disappointed.